- backup your bookmarks file. it's located in a folder called something like
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\upmgqcl8.slt
- download the batch file and put it somewhere on your disk (sounds obvious, i know :)
- upload your bookmarks file to an ftp server.
- edit the first part of the file: there are some variables to set.
- create two shortcuts to the bat file on your desktop, call the first "upload", and the second "download".
- right click the "upload" shortcut, select "Properties", and put "up" at the end of the destination textbox.
ex. if you downloaded booksync.bat to C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\boksync.bat, the text in the Destination textbox should be C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\boksync.bat up.
- you are done!
remember to backup your bookmarks file before you use the script!